Uniform helps to give a child a sense of belonging to the school community and we expect pupils to conform and take pride in their appearance. The main colours of uniform at The John Wesley Church of England/Methodist Aided Primary School are purple and powder blue. Please click here to download Stitch Design’s information sheet and follow the steps to register online and may your purchases, alternatively please scroll further down the page to see how it works.
All items of the main uniform are competitively priced and need to be ordered directly from Stitch Design Personalised Clothing www.stitchdesign.co.uk. The school uniform is as follows:
- Sweatshirt – Purple
- Sweat cardigan – Purple
- Polo Shirt – Powder Blue
- Fleece – Purple
- Jogging Pants – Purple/Grey
- Woollen purple ski hats for winter
- Sun hats for summer; Sky Blue Cap, Purple Beanie Hat
- Girls summer dresses
- Waterproof Coat
- PE shirts – Blue for Badgers, Red for Squirrels, Green for Otters or Yellow for Hedgehogs according to the allotted house. Pupils will be assigned to a school house. Every effort will be made to ensure siblings are in the same house.
- Purple Book bag with Logo
- Purple PE bag with Logo
- Purple Backpack with Logo
- Boys may wear grey trousers or shorts
- Girls may wear grey trousers or skirts
- Parents may wish to purchase grey jogging bottoms
- Trainers will be required for activities on the field and plimsolls for PE in the main hall.
During warmer weather girls may wear powder blue or purple checked gingham dresses.
Combat or fashion trousers and certain items of footwear such as high ankle basketball boots, platform shoes, trainers, boots with many fasteners etc. or open toed sandals are not considered suitable or acceptable for school wear, and as such are banned. Fashion trends relating to appearance (hairstyles, body art etc.) are also considered unsuitable for acceptance at school and also are banned.
All pupils change their outdoor shoes when in school and wear slippers. This helps to create a ‘home from home’ atmosphere, as well as keeping the school clean. Parents are asked to provide a pair of slippers for their child/ren.
The governors reserve the right to suspend children who are continuously found without school uniform or wearing unsuitable footwear.
How it Works
- Register or sign in by visiting the service provider’s website at www.stitchdesign.co.uk. You will need to know the school’s post code to register. Click here to download a copy of Stitch Design’s Letter
- Once registered you should place and pay for your order online.
- If you do not have online access then please check at the School Office for the available options.
- All items within Your Uniform Shop, and their prices, are fully approved by the school.
- An on-screen Sizing Guide for each item is available but, if you are not familiar with the garment, please ask at the school as there may be sizing samples available or specific days when uniform can be tried.
- Please double check your confirmation email to ensure everything is correct.
- Items will usually be despatched directly to you the following working day.
- Any problems with supply of any items will be communicated to you and despatched as soon as possible.
- The John Wesley School school address is : Wesley School Rd, Cuckoo Lane
- Singleton Ashford Kent TN23 5LW
- Where available the Uniform Policy can be accessed via a link in Your Uniform Shop. If this is not available then please contact the school or check the school’s website.
- If you have any problems with the order process then please check the “Instructions & FAQ’s for Parents” page. Please contact Stitch Design if problems persist.
- If your order has not arrived within 5 working days please contact Stitch Design.
- If you think you need to return any items then please contact Stitch Design.
School uniform examples modeled by some of The John Wesley CEM Primary School students.